Sunday, May 24, 2009

Recent Happenings

Boys

My boys are doing extremely well.  Ariel is really leveling out and becoming the sweet kid he used to be.  It is such a joy to see him smiling again.  Darwin was recently elected president of his High School and is very excited about that honor.  Both of them are doing relatively well in school though there is always room for improvement.  I’m very proud of my kids.  Arnold, one of the teens from Mogote, started college this month thanks to a generous family in OKC.  He is so proud and really seems to be enjoying his classes.  This is a rare opportunity for a kid from Mogote and it is really a blessing to be a part of it. 

Church

The church in Mogote continues to grow and be a blessing to the community.  Our young Christians are growing into church leaders and it is such a blessing to witness.   This past Sunday the new baptistry was used for the first time to baptize 4 new brothers and sisters in Christ.  Thanks to Will and Hector’s hard work we no longer have to drive 30 minutes down the road with overloaded pickup trucks to have a baptism.  We can do it with all of our church family right on the property.  Praise God!

Vehicle Update               

I’m still in the process of finding a vehicle that meets all of my transportation requirements.  Funds came pouring in after I began fundraising and I’m now in the process of trying to sell my wrecked truck or trade it in with available funds for another one.  I’m hoping to purchase a 4-wheel drive, diesel, SUV type vehicle with 5-7 passenger seating.   This is proving to be a challenge but I know that God is in control and I haven’t had to walk to work yet J.   Recently a couple of different vehicles have come available, so pray for wise transportation decisions J. 

Prayer List

  • Baby Marlen from the stadium - that she get the nourishment that she needs and grow up healthy. 
  • 19 year old Marvin – that he resist the temptations of the street and overcomes his past to become a successful adult.
  • That all of us involved in the ministry at the stadium keep our eyes open to the wisdom God shares with us through these amazing people. 
  • The groups that are preparing to come that they are changed by their experiences and live a life closer to God after seeing him in Honduras. 
  • Safe travel
  • Patience and kind hearts for all involved
  • Smooth passport processes for Santiago

Thanks for taking the time to share in my life.  You are all such a blessing to me.  Keep praying always.  I look forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
 
Amber

No comments: