Monday, March 07, 2011

Another Great Night at the Homeless Ministry

Friday night was another great night.  I love how are friendships continue to grow and how I see God honoring our attempts to faithfully serve him.
Jessica brought her two girls to meet us.  This is baby Ashley and Naeli.  They are both very sweet, happy, healthy girls.  Jessica rents a room and does her best to keep her sweet girls safe despite the lifestyle she is living and the dangers she faces each night.
Ashley is a few months older than Rosie and they became fast friends.
A bunch of the kids piling in for a picture

My little security guard
I told 5 year old Jonathan I would pay him 1 L (a nickle) if he would watch my backpack and tell Reyna if anyone tried to touch it while I ran to get something in the next room.  He was SOO proud.  He sat down in his chair and kept an eye on my bag all night.  And when I gave him his lempira you would have thought I'd given him $100.  He is such a precious kid.  I love being able to find ways to help these kids succeed in the little things so that they learn they can succeed in the big things.  
Reyna proudly showing off the shirt Heather gave her.
Jorge and I.   He's finally healed up from a bad fight he was in that left him with a broken arm and several broken ribs.
Rosie's best friend Leticia stopped by for just a minute or two and she was SOO excited to see her.
I LOVE their sweet bellies almost touching as they share about their days.  They are both so precious and a joy to be around.
When is that baby coming out?!?

No comments: