Thursday, October 21, 2004

God is Working on Me

Last night God opened my eyes to some things that I have been doing that have been completely in contrast to what I’ve been telling myself I’ve been doing. Right now I am struggling with a decision about whether or not I should move to the children’s home and work. I keep telling myself that it will work out the way God wants it to and that I am trusting God to lead me. The reality, however, is that the moment there was a bump in the smooth road before me I fell apart. I am still in the process of dealing with missing the boys and wanting to be out at the home but I am trying to be more at peace with the process. I think God is teaching me patience and acceptance in a new way. I really do want God to lead me and I pray that I am allowing him to do that. You guys know that I like to be in control and one of my biggest spiritual struggles is relinquishing that control to God. God has blessed me in with immense happiness and a life that I love. I was talking to my good friend Andrew the other day about how lucky I am to be doing something that I truly love. You, my friends, are a huge part of my life and the happiness that have. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I know that the peace that I am able to experience is due in large part to the prayers that you are sending up for me each day. You are truly amazing people and I cherish your love.

2 comments:

crittermer said...

Wow, Amber, you have a lot on your plate right now. I'm praying for you! And someday I want to hear the whole saga of Amber vs. the Honduran government.=)

Michele G said...

Hang in there Amber! You're doing awesome work for our Lord. It seems sometimes when we feel least comfortable is when God is using us the most to grow our faith and work through us in great ways. I know He's already used you to touch many lives and He will continue to lead you in the right direction to touch many more.
How's life in Izopo and how are the Riveras? Remember, if the 40 something year old at the clinic doesn't work out, there's always the Baxter boys ;o)! (j/k). Que Dios te bendiga!!