Monday, August 23, 2010

New Babies

Yesterday at church we had THREE new babies.  They are so precious.  I pray that God frees their parents of their addictions so that the babies can have happy healthy lives.  I only managed to get pics of two of the kids but here are their stories.
This is Rut Sarai (Ruth Sarah).  She is Leslie's 22 day old baby girl.  She is such a doll.  Leslie and I have been friends for a long time and it's a joy to finally meet her new little one.  Leslie is addicted to glue but seems to be staying off it since the baby was born.  Rut seems healthy and unaffected by her mom's prenatal addiction.  I pray that that continues to be true.  

This is Karla and 2 month old baby Steven.  I've met Karla a couple of times before but don't know her very well.  She seems to be a great mom.  She brought Steven yesterday to church to see if I would take him because she couldn't afford to buy him diapers and baby formula.  I can't imagine having to make that decision.  After talking to Karla for awhile I learned that she is HIV positive and can't breastfeed.  I told Karla that I would get her some milk and diapers for the baby and I pray that our church family can be the support system that she needs right now.

This is just a cute pic of my kiddos that I threw in for good measure :).

No comments: