Monday, August 23, 2010

Visiting Laura, Beto, and baby Santiago

You could also call this blog post "The Rosie and Santiago Show" :)
Darwin and the kids walking hand in hand at the park 
(before I realized my camera was set on black and white)
One of my good friends and old roommates, Laura lives in Esperanza with her husband, Beto, and 17 month old son Santiago.  Esperanza is about 3 hours away on a good day but we found out this trip it's about 4 hours to get there and about 5 to get back due to construction traffic and rainy weather.  Regardless of the traveling conditions we had a wonderful time visiting each other and watching the babies play together.  Friends who truly understand where you're coming from are hard to come by on the mission field and I've found a great one in Laura.  God has blessed us both with a wonderful friendship.

Holding hands, awe :)

The babies at the park enjoying their juice boxes, a special treat for both of them.

Laura and Santiago at the local (AND FREE!!) little water park. It was GREAT!

My beautiful Rosie in front of the waterfall

In front of a beautiful waterfall, there are very few pictures of the two of us so I'm glad we got a few this weekend.

Laura teaching Santi about water and why it runs :)
How can I not love this kid?

The only picture we took with both of us.  Darwin did a pretty good job.
Friends who truly understand where you're coming from are hard to come by on the mission field and I've found a great one in Laura.  God has blessed us both with a wonderful friendship.

No comments: