Wednesday, February 17, 2010

VCOM Team

Hi my loyal blog readers.  I´m so sorry I´ve been on such a long hiatus.  It´s so hard to get back up to speed once I´ve fallen behind.  Not only have I not been blogging but I haven´t been keeping up with the blogs I normally read.  So naturally as I procrastinate blogging I have to catch up on all my missed blogs.  Well let me tell you, you guys are doing much better than me, I was 140 blogs behind!!! Well needless to say I didn´t read them all but I did a quick scan and hopefully I didn´t miss any vital information. 
So lets get back on track.  The first week in February we had a team from VCOM here.  I love these teams.  They get here the first day and you´re not even sure they know where to locate the heart, but they learn all week and by the end of the week they are legitimately diagnosing patients.  I always make lots of friends while they are here and I also enjoy seeing patients I´ve met in the years past. 

This is Sara, she was one of my favorite med students.  Such a sweet, sweet girl.

While we were in Campamento I met a precious, precious 2-yr-old Down Syndrome baby.  I fell in love immediately.  Josue sat on my hip as I walked around translating for a good 45 minutes.  He was perfectly healthy and his momma was just bringing him in for a checkup.  Unfortunately I don´t have any pictures of him but I know other people do so I´ll try and get one and post it on here later.  Every year that passes I get a little bit closer to adopting a baby.  I´m really feeling baby fever right now.

Mackenzie signing in the patients.  She did a great job in triage.

Alli and Tess hanging out with some of the kids waiting to be seen.

Another favorite, Anna, checking out a sweet little boys ear.

My whole crew at the end of the week meal at La Cumbre.  It was delicious.

Okay so I didn´t take any pictures all week.  These pictures are almost all Darwin.  I need to get back into the habit.  But it was a great week and it blessed a lot of people, including us. 

No comments: