Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Day at the Park

For the past month I've been trying to work in a family picture day.  Park Plaza, my supporting congregation, is sending out missionary Christmas cards and they requested a family picture from us.  Well between twice stolen cameras, fussy babies, huffy teenagers, broken cameras, and just life in general it has not gone very well.  So on Sunday morning we decided to forgo matching outfits and head up to the Jesus Statue park for a picnic and some fun, and we took lots of pictures along the way.
Here are a few of our favorites:

I think this one is my favorite but not really Christmas card worthy

 This one is not a popular favorite but I like it.

I think this one is the popular favorite.

We had a nice picnic of Popeye's Chicken

Rosie REALLY enjoyed hers.

Darwin and Rosie dancing in the Mayan ampitheater

My wonderful intern Courtney and I

I love them so.

Sneaking up on the monkey out of his cage.

And finally attempting to play in the water park.  She never managed to actually get wet.  Funny girl.
We had a wonderful day.  I need to remember to build family time into our lives more often.


3 comments:

Jamie S said...

I like both the "popular favorite" and the first photo in the line-up. Boy, your sponsoring church sure sounds wonderful! ;) Love you!

Terry Laudett said...

I discovered your blog after reading about your work in the OC alumni magazine. Congratulations on your recent Alumna of the Year award! You're doing some very good work there.

Hope said...

I don't care which one you choose as long as I get a card. I think you look beautiful in all of them!