Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Very Bizarre Night

I don´t know if everyone is feeling the excitement of the upcoming election or what is going on but everyone was a little bit wound up tonight.  At the stadium I got out my little video camera for the first time and everyone was singing for it and having a great time.  Suyapa and Nelson both taped short thank you messages to us and to the donors in the states which I thought was really touching.  Here is Suyapa´s message, I´m still working on uploading Nelson´s.



I´m trying to figure out how to add subtitles but for right now this is just going to have to be for those spanish speakers out there.  Sorry guys.  The sound quality isn´t great either because the wind was blowing really hard.  I´ll try to do better next time :)


At La Chimbomba it was one thing after another.  Several minor injuries, one of which was tear gas to the face, I can´t say I´ve seen that before, but he´d already been treated elsewhere so I didn´t do much.  I couldn´t get a straight story out of that one.  Then we had a major fight that Darwin and I ended up breaking up, we usually try not to get involved but this was a bunch of people basically attacking one drunk kid who had stolen something from one of the other kids.  So once that was over I went over to calm everyone down and start talking to Wender who is sobbing because someone stole his hat (this was really really odd, theft of a hat is not normally cause for tears when you live on the streets, especially by Wender).  So I sat down with him and we talked for a while and the next thing I know there´s a girl trying to pick a fight with Mackenzie and swatting at her hair.  So Darwin went to take care of that situation and soon after that we left.  NONE of that is normal.  It was so bizarre.  I have no idea what the problem was but it´s good to keep us on our toes I guess.

At the park things were pretty normal, they usually are.  Our friends at the park usually help us end on a good note regardless of what else has happened during the day.

No comments: