Friday, December 25, 2009

1st Annual Nueva Espana Vigilia

On December 19th Nueva Espana (Mogote) Church of Christ had their first vigilia.  A vigilia is basically an adult lockin.  The whole church stays all night and listens to speakers, eats lots of good food, and the youth group performs prepared skits and songs.  The church in Mogote has been talking about doing a vigilia for almost as long as it has existed.  And this year it became a reality.  They asked me to make 250 cupcakes for the event, which I agreed to without really thinking about.  The day of the vigilia I spent all day making and icing cupcakes and finished up right as it was time to go.  I was exhausted but also honored to be a part of such an important event with our church family.  I was in charge of keeping the kids occupied, so we did lots of Christmas crafts and then at about 11 we watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.  The kids loved it and the adults loved that the kids were held captive for a couple of hours.  I didn´t take any pictures and really I was in a haze most of the night but it was great for the church.  They are already making plans for next year. 

No comments: