Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shine!


I think I´ve talked on my blog before about Shine!, it´s a program being started by some friends of mine to help underpriviledged kids get a better education than is available in the public school system here.  I have been blessed with being able to help get this started.  It is very exciting to be on the ground floor of something that is going to change many many lives. 


Mariela, who traveled to the states with me this summer, has been enrolled in a really great school for most of her educational experience and we are planning on using the same school with Shine!. 


In January, 4 1st graders from Mateo will be enrolled in Alitom school to begin an adventure in learning.  It´s going to be really tough at first but these are bright kids and we know that with our support they are up to the challenge.  Mariela is a great example of what can be accomplished with some hard work and loving support.  If you are interested in sponsoring a child´s education let me know and I will get you all the information you need.  Here are some pics of the school the kids will be attending.

 
 

No comments: