Friday, October 02, 2009

An update on Marcos and some misc.


The other day I got an email from Chris Rampey.  Chris was on my very first trip to Honduras with me and was wondering about a little boy we got to know 8 years ago on our first trip to Honduras.  Marcos Tulio is now 14 years old and doing well.  It is so crazy to look at this old photo and think of how much he's changed and grown in the past few years.  Marcos has had a hard life and continues to struggle with making the right choices but he is a sweetheart.  His family moved away several months ago but tonight he was at the soccer field.  It was good to see him again.  His whole family is now living with one of his older sisters and her children in a very small house.  I pray that he will connect back into our church and also the local school. 
Today the boys and I went up to Regino's house to see if he and his younger siblings wanted to come over for the night.  I'm hoping that if I continue to show up occasionally and make it fun for him maybe Regino will stay home.  Only one of the siblings was home so we made plans for Tuesday. 
Just the precious face of beautiful Paola.

Tonight Darwin led singing at church.  It definitely makes me proud to watch him leading the congregation.

And lastly a delicious home made Ravioli dinner.  I know you all love to see what I eat for dinner every night :)  Eventually I'll run out of new things and you won't have to look at them anymore.

No comments: