Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet Regino

This is Regino, more about him at the end of the blog...


Well today started off fairly normal.  I had a craving for casserole, which really isn't a normal occurance.  I'm not a huge fan of all my food mushed into one conglomeration.  So I set about finding a recipe without canned soup.  It can easily run $4 a can or higher here.  But I was blessed by one of God's little gifts today.  I food canned soups for just over $1 and was able to stock up.  In the meantime I was cooking beans and rice to the evening stadium feeding.  About 3/4 of the way through that we ran out of gas.  So then Darwin headed off to find more gas so that we could finish cooking.  By the time he got back we were really late for feeding but decided to head on out since Will and Rachel were with us.  It was a really good night.  There were lots of people and a lot of people we don't see very often anymore were there.  Everyone was upbeat and a lot of them stuck around to chat with us for a long time.  These are my favorite kinds of nights. 


Helen, Ana's older and pregnant sister, Ana, and Wender.  Ana and Wender are definitely some of my favorite kids.


Marta, one of our first friends at the stadium.  She seems to be going through a rough time right now but it was great to see her.

The Guys just hanging out and having fun.

Now to Regino.  We met Regino tonight at the stadium.  I had never seen him before.  He is an 11 year old boy who has been living on the streets for the past 3 weeks.  He is such a sweet kid.  Both Darwin and I sat with him and talked for a while.  He left home because his oldest brother, and the "man of the house", gets drunk and beats him on a regular basis.  Even though he's been on the streets for a while he hasn't begun huffing, which is HUGE.  He just seems so lost.  We ended up bringing Regino home with us for tonight.  I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow.  We're going to try and find his family and see if we can get to the bottom of the problem.  There is a definite possibility that the authorities wil have to be involved in this situation so please pray for peace for this sweet little boy.  I will definitely update you on what happens with him. 


Just Some Of The Sweet Kids We Work With At The Stadium

1 comment:

Holly said...

I will be praying for Regino today! Hope you find out really good news that can lead to a safe home for him.