Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nothing Too Exciting

View from the park


Today the boys headed up to Mogote to play soccer and the world was at peace. I put 15 lbs of beans on the stove to cook and took Lucy up to the park for a little while. (She's doing so much better, she even ate some dog food today, it's been over a week since that's happened). By the time I got home from the park the protests had begun again. Not that I saw any evidence of that but it was all over the news. It's interesting here there are the regular channels then one channel that is the "Mel supporter" channel (Cholusat Sur). I definitely wouldn't call myself a Mel supporter but their news seems to be a lot more comprehensive. Often when I can't find any news at all on the situation on other channels, it's all over the Cholusat channel. So that's where we turn for updates on the political situation. Mel continues to claim he's being poisoned and his daughter (I would guess she's in her early 20's) was on the news this afternoon saying the same thing.


Playing Fetch


The grass really needs mown

Soon after I got home Darwin arrived back from Mogote, Ariel has a game in the morning so he stayed there. Evidently Darwin encountered several groups of people getting ready to join the protests on his way home. They instituted the curfew again tonight so we're not able to feed. Leaving us with lots of beans. Luckily I didn't have the rice started when I found out. Hopefully we'll be able to feed lunch tomorrow, but it will depend on the political situation.
Hiding in the Grass

Tonight I made buttermilk brined fried chicken, garlic and onion cottage potatoes, and cheesy cauliflower. It was yummy. I love my cookbook, THANK YOU SO MUCH LAURA!! I love finding new recipes to make for dinner.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my day. I love you guys!

3 comments:

Hope said...

Isn't being a homemaker fun? I love cooking for Chris and fixing up the house. I don't love the cleaning up part of it though!

OK Chick said...

Oh my goodness that meal looks great. What cookbook did you use?

Amber said...

I use the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Usually it's the big red book but mine is pink because I have the breast cancer prevention version, it's the same it just has some extra recipes in the front (I can't say I've used any of those :) ). I LOVE it. It's a good just general cook book.